Thursday, January 8, 2009

Minamike: Okaeri (みなみけ おかえり) 01

I was really excited at first when I've heard Minamike would have season three but quickly disappointed after I've learnt that it would be produced by Asread (アスリード), the ill-famed producer of season two, Minamike: Okawari (みなみけ〜おかわり〜). Well, I'd just follow it anyway since I love season one so much that I just can't get enough of Minamike.

Similar to season two, this season kicks off on New Year's Day once again.


To be honest, the only one that I want to see in kimono is Makoto (マコト)...


Uchida (内田) tries her luck and gets super lucky!


Hosaka (保坂)... I've thought you're studying abroad-_-


Uchida's so happy afterwards and almost forgets to pay back the 100 yen that she borrows from Kana...


A stupid chick fight over 100 yen@@


Takeru (タケル) has multiple appearances in this anime and seems like living in the apartment with the sisters...


Doesn't old tea taste better? Anyway, who cares!?


A home visit turns out to be an omiai (お見合い) of the teacher and cousin later (both of them aren't closely related to Chiaki...)


Kana's always eating something but she's so fit...


Chiaki, of course, doesn't want anyone to know her height and weight...


The last story is about Takeru's magic pen which actually works in finding an missing item by dropping it and following its direction.


Where's Kana's future husband? In heaven...


No, it's pointing to Fujioka (藤岡), who accidentally gets lost and goes upstairs then goes back down again but Kana never realizes it...


Comments: Well, my impression so far is generally positive. It's obviously better than season two since the quality is much better, at least in the first episode (maybe Asread learnt its lesson). Season three is similar to season one in a way that each episode consists of multiple short funny plots. But this time, the OP and ED are played in between plots instead of their usual time slots. From the OP, I'm glad that Toma's brothers are back and the boring character, Fuyuki (フユキ), is gone forever. I'm just wondering if Ninomiya and Sensei would be reintroduced in the anime and I really miss them. Even though surpassing season one is impossible, hopefully Asread can keep up the good work throughout the season and brings us some good memories this time.

No comments: