Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Sale Business Suit Buying Experience

I've been trying to find a business suit that fits me better for years since my old one is too big. However, I've never considered it seriously due to the lack of determination and money. Finally, I went out with my brother yesterday to Macy's and JCPenney to take a look because it's the Labor Day and everything was supposed to be on sale. Though we're in a recession, it's still very crowded and lots of people were shopping in the mall. We went straight to the men's department of Macy's first to check the prize and size but unfortunately the smallest size they got was 36S, which was still too big for me. During that time, those sales always asked, “You need any help?” and won't leave us alone… There's an interesting moment when my brother was trying an expensive Calvin Klein suit (over $300), one of the sales commented that it fitted perfectly and it's hot… bah bah bah. My brother later revealed that if he's shopping alone, he might have brought it. After that, we went to JCPenney and I did find a 36S that fitted me pretty well. However, it had three buttons and I wanted two buttons. So once again, I couldn't find a suit that I wanted to buy. We later just wondered around and went home empty-handed. What a waste of time (subways changes were in effect again so it took even more time) and money to go out and buy nothing. Come back! My Metrocard money!!!

Anyway, we knew that there's a small suit store next to a subways station that one stop away from our home. Therefore, we continued our expedition and went there this afternoon. Before the trip, I thought everything was going to be cheap there. However, to my surprise, they did carry some name brands such as Ralph Lauren, Hugo boss and Michael Kors, etc. This time, I finally found a size that was smaller than 36S, a 34S and it fitted me well. Though it's three-button, I just took it anyway since it might be the one and only size 34 in the US. My brother also selected his suit since he didn't buy one yesterday. As a result, that ended my search for my suit, and I could finally stay at home on the Labor Day and didn't have to walk around for hours anymore. Shopping has never been my hobby and I'd rather buy things online than spending hours visiting store to store. But clothing is exceptional as you need to bring the person to fit. Well, I'd also say it's karma to me for not buying my suit when I was in Hong Kong two years ago, where it should have my size and would definitely cost less. Maybe one needs to act before it's too late and regrets it later.

No comments: