Monday, August 11, 2008

Beijing 2008 Olympics 2

Yesterday, the US men's swim team took the gold in 4 x 100m freestyle relay. I was able to watch it live because luckily nbc did provide live coverage this time. That was an unbelievable race as US was behind by half a body-length in the last 50m, and Jason Lezak was amazingly fast and just able to beat the French swimmer by 0.08 seconds in the end. The US swim team has not been great in the swimming events as they only got three silver and three bronze medals so far, and the two golds were all won by Michael Phelps. So without Phelps, the US would theoretically have no gold in the swimming event.

By the way, besides swimming, I also watched some of my favorite sports in the Olympics such as gymnastics (of course, I love the women events more...), diving, volleyball (women only... I just don't watch men) and beach volleyball (another sport that I only watch women). I also love track and field events but they doesn't start yet. I don't know if I would get a chance to watch table tennis or badminton live as the US is not strong in both sports. For soccer and basketball, I think the level competition is not that high in soccer and I'm a big fan of basketball anymore. That's why I didn't watch the US vs China basketball match as I knew it would be a blowout... On the other hand, I also watched sports that are not in the mainstream such as field hockey, water polo, shooting and archery. Though I didn't know the rules, the experience was quite enjoyable.

A joke from internet: "Spartans!!!"


The fantastic four


Recap & Video

No comments: