Monday, December 15, 2008

Fire

Tonight, while I was going into the storage room to hang some clothes, I saw some light inside the room and I realized a plug of an appliance was on fire!!! My immediate reaction was screaming, “Wow! Wow! (>< |||)” and then I asked everyone to come to put out the relatively small fire. I’d thought of using the clothes that I was carrying to put out the fire myself but I just dismissed this stupid idea in last second. My father came into the room first and quickly unplugged the burning plug from the socket. The plastic part of the plug melt completely and obviously couldn’t be used anymore while the socket was darken by fire and smoke. We inspected the plug and socket after the incident and thought there might be water dripping from the pipes above which led to the short circuit or there’re some malfunctions in the socket because it had happened before as I saw smoke coming out of the same exact location several months ago. Anyway, we contacted the landlord and asked him to fix it tomorrow and hopefully this would never happen again. By the way, I was really disappointed by my stupid reaction and inability to do anything in this kind of situation but just standing there to watch. What a man…

P.S. Today is actually my birthday and it’s just like a normal day anyway since my family didn’t really celebrate anything. Thank you if this fire was meant to be a surprise. What a nice attempt trying to burn me alive!!! Haha, a year closer to death…

No comments: