Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Voting Experience

Today, I went to vote for the first time of my life after I registered to vote early this year. I knew I had class tonight so I wouldn't make it in the evening before the poll site closed at 9:00 pm. Therefore, I woke up at 7 o'clock this morning and went to vote around 7:30 after having breakfast. My poll site is a public school where I didn't realize that it's kind of far away from my house. It's like 7 blocks away and it took me 10 minutes to walk there. Not too many people showed up in the morning and the school was kind of empty. The voting process was easy and smooth. The poll workers asked for my election district and I honestly had no clue about that. But fortunately, I brought my registration acknowledge notice with me which easily solved the question. Then, a gentleman taught me how to use the voting machine, which was still the old and non-electronic one. There're lots of names on it but my main focus was, of course, on the presidential election and I did vote heavily on one of the parties except for the president. Anyway, a line started to form after I finished voting so I probably saved time waiting in the line for 5-10 minutes. Overall, my first voting experience was ordinary and nothing special happened but it's still meaningful and memorable to me.

No comments: