Saturday, August 8, 2009

Six Days Without Internet

The last six days were probably the most boring days of my life and I felt like a smoker trying to quit tobacco. I knew TWC sucks but because Fios doesn't cover my area (btw, $79.99 for six months sounds like a great deal…), I'm stuck with it. The modem, which has been constantly losing signal and being a pain in the ass, suddenly broke last Sunday. I tried to fix it by unplugging, reset and anything I'd think of but it just didn't work as the ignoring yellowish blinking light on the front always stopped between the second and the third spots and wouldn't go anyway further. I checked my Ethernet card and router and both of them worked fine, and interestingly, I'd still watch TV so I started to sense that the modem's broken. In the end, I just had to call the customer service line and scheduled an appointment which won't happen until Friday><. When the technician did the inspection, he founds out that the splitter had a problem and that's why we're able to watch cable but had neither phone or Internet services. After he replaced it, everything seemed to be back to normal again. Wondering whether he'd replace the modem also, he told me that I'd have to go to a TWC store and do it in person… wtf. Well, ironically, I've been dying to get the Internet back when I was reading and playing my PSP to kill my meaningless time on all those lonely nights. But on the very same day the Internet went back on, I spent the night watching the Red Sox@Yankees game and pretty much went straight to bed after A-Rod hit the walk off home run… Anyway, life after Internet is horrible and glad to surf again!

No comments: