Tuesday, April 21, 2009

WSH 4, NYR 0



… OTZ… I actually spent 150 bucks for a ticket to watch the home game live at MSG and what I got in return was four unanswered goals by Capitals and none by Rangers i.e. a shutout by a rookie goaltender who didnt even speak English… If not because of Lundqvist, the game could easily be like 7 or 8-to-nothing blowout. The turning point of the game was definitely the second goal by Semin because Capitals quickly extended their lead a few seconds after Callahan hit the pose. Instead of Rangers tying the game, Capitals were up 2-0 in the first period. That goal really hurt Rangers' momentum and the rest of the game was just sloppy. No defense, no offense whatsoever. The guy next to me actually left the game after the third goal was scored and if I were watching this at home, I would have turned my computer off and left also. Of course, I knew that Rangers could never come back from a three-goal deficit but because this was my first time here as a fan, I just tried to stay and finish the whole game and then what? Another goal given up in the last two minutes… Sigh~ anyway, I wasn't proud of the results and could only hope that the Blue Shirts wouldn't disappoint their fans at home again on Wednesday.

No comments: