Monday, December 27, 2010

Under 20 Inches of Snow


I freaking love my job so I went to work today even the office was buried under 20 inches of snow... Both my father and brother took a day off and I thought I was the only stupid one showing up but I guessed wrong as six more people (out of forty) actually came to the office. The morning commute wasn't as tough as I expected and only the stupid 7 train gave me a slight headache. Everything's covered by snow and cars/buses were abandoned on streets, and pedestrians were all struggling to walk on the snowy sidewalks/streets in the gusting wind and blowing snow. It took me an hour and a half to get to my workplace and another hour to clear myself a path to the office's entrance. If the ruthless boss didn't drive all the way from home to office around an hour later, I'd have left earlier but I wasted all my time doing nothing in the end. Not even one client came to our office anyway so why didn't I just stayed home...

No comments: