Monday, November 1, 2010

New York's Village Halloween Parade 2010

On 10/31/2010, I went to see the Halloween Parade for the second time since I've been to New York mainly because Halloween fell on a Sunday this year. My first time was like two years ago and was kind of a bad experience as I was late after work and there're lots of people already. So I didn't really see anything until late in the end. To avoid making the same mistake again, I went the the parade route at least two hours earlier this time and only a few spectators were there and I could really pick any spot I wanted. I decided to stay in a section which was pretty close to Spring Street, the parade line up as I could leave early when the parade's over. I watched my PSP during those two hours but it was getting breezy and cold and my hands were almost frozen. When the parade started, I pulled out my camera immediately and kept snapping pictures like there're no tomorrow (one of my two batteries went dead within two hours... so quick...). However, my night portrait photography was non-existent (my skills were bad anyway...) and there're way too many bad pictures taken. I generally missed the moments when I wanted to take the pictures as I had to wait for the flash so whatever... There're lots of floats, puppets, dancers (Thriller at least twice) and costumed participants as one will expect. Many floats especially the pole dancer one created a lot of traffic and even the costumers stopped to take pictures. As a result, there's no space in between and just didn't know what to look at... Meanwhile, some people weren't dressed up but could still join the parade!? There's an actually FDNY fire truck on the Sixth Avenue during the parade and that's just too real to be true after seeing the fake NYPD tricycle... The parade itself was incredible and to experience live twice was really great. Maybe should consider dressing up and walking in the parade one day...



To my surprise, a few group of people portrays the famous Chile miners and chanted Chi Chi Chi Le Le Le in the parade~


I simply just didn't understand how some people could get half naked in such a cold night...


Quiet a lot of Asians participated in the parade including cosplayers... I thought I saw Shana...


I wished I could have taken more pictures like this one but sometimes, people just walked too fast and wouldn't pose in front of you anyway.

No comments: