Saturday, November 7, 2009

Say Goodbye

Sometimes, I was wondering if I was being cursed in the year of Ox (Well, you're supposed to…). After an unusually busy period of time due to the extension deadline, the most experienced worker in our department decided to quit so she'd concentrate on passing the exam. This would definitely be a nightmare for the rest of us since she possibly handled 60% of the individual matter in the department. Her departure also meant the two staffs that handled 90% individual matter this year were both gone. I hoped that the pointy-haired boss could get some experienced people immediately but she just decided to go for a trip afterward and didn't even come to the office on her final day… Well, whatever… but don't count on me when you're in trouble during the coming busy season because my workloads had already got out of hands. Maybe the only nice thing about her departure was that the boss actually sponsored a little farewell party for her in a karaoke bar nearby and all the staff went to the party except the boss (of course, she would ruin it!). Karaoke wasn't my thing but some people seemed to like it very much as most of the songs were sung by just two persons. Prior to this one, I've only been in a karaoke bar for once before I came here. Well, like it or not, I just needed to go and treated it as a free dinner.

This is the first song of the night… ha ha being liberated…



The best performance of the night. Actaully, there're two… great vocal by the female receptionist for both songs(?)





I sang only three songs and all of them sucked…







In the end, even we're not closed and won't contact each other again, I still wanted to wish her good luck!

No comments: